February 15, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V086000
Incorrect GAWR on Label/FMVSS 110 & 567
An overloaded vehicle can increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V086
Manufacturer Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Components EQUIPMENT, TIRES
Potential Number of Units Affected 12,100
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Audi) is recalling certain 2009-2015 Q7 vehicles. The Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) listed on the certification label is incorrect, which can allow the vehicle to be overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims,” and Part 567, “Certification.”
Dealers will install an overlay label containing the correct rear GAWR on top of the existing safety certification label, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed April 14, 2023. Owners may contact Audi’s customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Audi’s number for this recall is 50G5.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Check if your Audi has a Recall
|Country||Beginning Model Year||Ending Model Year||Vehicle||Vehicle Count|
The certification label on the subject vehicles indicate incorrect values for the Gross Axle Weight Rating (“GAWR”), resulting in a failure to comply with regulatory requirements. An incorrect GAWR can result in the vehicle being overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash.
In the interim, until this recall remedy has been completed, owners should not rely on the GAWR information printed on the vehicle’s Safety Certification label. The correct rear axle GAWR for the affected vehicles is: 3902 lbs / 1770 kg.
REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE
Check daily campaign open inventory report or OMD for affected vehicles in inventory.
Audi is working to make a recall remedy available as soon as possible for the affected vehicles. Dealers and owners will be notified in writing once the recall remedy work can be performed.
May – August 2022: During the course of an internal review of tire pressure calculations, a potential anomaly regarding the vehicle load calculation for the Q7 Gen 1 models was identified. The calculation method and the requirements for each of the Q7 Gen 1 model types, in combination with all different available wheel sizes, were retraced and assessed. As a result, an investigation regarding a single wheel size (21″) was started.
September 2022 – January 2023: The topic was submitted to the Audi Product Safety Committee and a regulatory evaluation took place. Affected scope of vehicles in the field was verified.
February 8, 2023: The Audi Product Safety Committee decides a noncompliance recall based on the information that the value for the rear GAWR printed on the certification label on certain vehicles manufactured with 21-inch wheels was overstated by approximately 30 kg.
Audi is not aware of any warranty claims, customer complaints or other field reports due to this issue.
7 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 Report
Volkswagen – Audi Dealer Advance Notice – February 2023
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🥇【COMPLETE ABS SRS OBD2 SCANNER for CAR】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Error codes diagnosis for ABS SRS Airbag control modules; 2️⃣Airbag Light & Sensor Reset Tool: Light reset & sensor calibrate after maintenance; 3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and command ABS/SRS/Airbag components. 4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanner: Covers NT201/NT301 all obd2 functions for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🎃【TOP ABS BLEEDER SCAN TOOL】Have you always feel the Brake pedal was slowly sinking to floor or the pedal was loose than it was a new vehicle? This abs brake auto bleed scan tool will bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a high and tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds of service fees to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles support auto abs bleeding.
- 👍【UNIQUE ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】It’s so valuable to own one with active test feature that never can not find on similar abs scanner. This abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test hidden issues, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
- 🌈【AIRBAG & SAS CALIBRATION RESET】 Reading the airbag faults when the light was on and help you to reset the error codes after solving the faults. Also runs calibration of the steering angle sensor,which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, the fault is automatically cleared. 🚩🚩🚩NOTE: Reset of the airbag exploding codes from car crash will not available even replaced the new airbag.
- 🚦【MEET YOUR ALL DEMANDS ON ABS BRAKE SRS AIRBAG】 If you feel headache on choosing scan tool with more expensive functions or low-cost but less features. This abs scanner airbag code reader is born to solve your issues. Not only the NT630 Plus car scanner will scan, pin-point the problem down and tell you which sensor was bad, no need to replace one by one, but also it will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. The warning lights will off and all modules will running well again.
- 🚘【ABS & SRS SYSTEMS DIAGNOSES FREE】Thinkcar SF100 OBD2 Scanner supports 2 main system diagnostics, including Air Bag and ABS system. ✔ Anti-Brake System Diagnosis (ABS): Retrieve ABS codes to tell you where the problem is, then you can fix it. ✔ Airbag System Diagnosis (SRS): A safety restraint system, is made up of impact sensors, a control module, and the airbags themselves. This diagnostic device can detect every electronic parameter to check its health status.
- 🚗【FULL 10 OBDII DIAGNOSIS FREE】This check engine code reader supports 10 modes of OBDII diagnostic functions-Read codes, Erase codes, On-board monitor test, I/M readiness, Vehicle live data, Freeze frame data, Auto VIN information, O2 Monitor Test, EVAP Monitor Test, DTCs Lookup. It helpful for quick analysis and diagnosis, providing solutions, saving time and money.
- 👍【EPB & OIL RESET FREE】Optional Paid Subscription Service Resets: Throttle Matching, Battery Matching,ABS Bleeding,EPB Reset,DPF Regeneration,TPMS Reset(NOT TPMS programming),Airbag Reset,Gear Learn, Etc. $29.95/one/ year. 👉 NOTE: The reset function is not applicable to all vehicles. Please send us the VIN number to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 🚗【Various vehicle coverage + 8 languages】Thinkcar ThinkScan SF100 car scanner diagnostic car diagnostic tool supports vehicles under the OBD2 agreement after 1996, covering a wide range of vehicles in Asia, Europe and the United States, with a wide coverage. 💜SUPPORT 8 LANGUAGES💜： English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Japanese, German, Italian.
- ✅【 SUPPORT DIAGNOSIS REPORT 】This code reader can easily generate vehicle health diagnosis report, scan the QR code to print the diagnosis report. Simple and convenient, save time and efficiency for your car diagnosis.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will t-urn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Functions Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Lifetime Free Update] Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem. Large size Color Screen; Print Function; Print the diagnose result easily; With user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK. Lifetime free update by windows.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 🚩2023 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- [2023 New Processor, Lifetime Free Update, No Subscription fee ] Faster! Stable! Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000, The CRP123X Elite car diagnostic scanner has a new processor, Android 7.0, 16GB of memory, 5-inch touchscreen (720P), 6100mAh rechargeable battery, One-touch Wi-Fi Lifetime Free update for more vehicle coverage, bug fixes,newly added parameters, and functionality to help you access, diagnose and fix more vehicles faster. SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- [Newly Added 3 RESET FUNCTIONS] 2023 New Ver. scan tool CRP123X Elite ADDS NEW SPECIAL FUNCTIONS--Throttle Adaptation, Oil Reset, SAS Reset. Before the trip to the mechanic, the launch crp123x elite can do deeper diagnosis for the car system and react with accurate data in minutes. Just Update the software of your CRP123X scanner, and you’ll get this high-end function at no charge.
- [Accurate & Intuitive Multi System Diagnosis] Will you be confused about what happens when the warning light of transmission, ABS, and SRS Airbag check engine flashes? Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis for your car instead of taking your car to the dealership, and will turn off the warning light for you after fixing the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- [Multiple Display of Live Data + DTC Code Definition Explanation] Launch car tools shows real-time data of oil temp, pressure, transmission temp, engine speed, coolant temperature, you will know which car part is abnormal. Data can be shown in a single, multi- graph, and merge two graphs for analysis（merge 4 PIDs in one). It’s convenient for car owners to purchase auto parts and replace it by yourself, 🔥Code Search,DTC Library provide massive information.
- [Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic&Wide Range of Vehicle Supported] Launch scanner autovin technology allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly (vehicle make, model, and year info), no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one (Some models need to type it in manually.)It has newest car software. This car code reader support vehicle like passenger car, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks, etc. produced by Asian, European, American, Indian, and more brands between 1996 and 2023.
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 【ABS & SRS Scan Tool 】 Help you diagnose issues with both anti-lock braking system (ABS) and internal airbag system (SRS); test their sensors, valves, or solenoids; and keep track of any threats in real time to prevent unexpected damage with these 2 essential safety systems, which a normal OBD2 scanner cannot do. Compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, LandRover, BMW, USAFord.
- 【3 Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this diagnostic tool, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 Quickly tell you the exact cause behind the check engine warning light. This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a fully-featured obd2 code reader; can read/clear engine light codes, show live data, and do I/M readiness test ... to solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. Plus, it has the now-popular DTC lookup library to save searching repair materials online.
- 【User-Oriented 】 Physically, you will like the feel of this obd2 scanner with the black rubber grip thing all around the outside edge. Durable enough to stand the accidental drop. Thanks to its easily accessible menu, you can operate all functions in minutes, with the press of a few buttons. 3-color LEDs intuitively indicate if everything's good, there's a warning, or there's a serious issue. There’s even an LED integrated into the connector port so you can hook it up in darkness.
- 【Worry-Free Purchase 】 You can update this scan tool through an internet USB to have the latest software for its optimized performance, with no extra costs throughout all its using life. We offer you 1-year quality backup period with 30-day unconditional return & replacement policy. TOPDON offers reliable customer support on Facebook during weekdays. Search “TOPDON Official” on Facebook and contact us via message. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP.
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
Last update on 2023-03-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-086 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. Submission Date : FEB 15, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-086 Manufacturer Recall No. : 50G5 Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. Address : 3800 Hamlin Road Auburn Hills MI 48326 Company phone : 1-800-893-5298 Population : Number of potentially involved : 12,100 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2009-2015 AUDI Q7 Vehicle Type : Body Style : Power Train : NR Descriptive Information : The recall population was determined by records of the vehicle assembly information. The recalled products differ from products that were not included in the recall because recalled vehicles were assembled with a safety certification label that contains an incorrect rear Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR). Q7: 12100 Production Dates : MAR 31, 2009 – JUL 10, 2015 VIN Range 1 : Begin : WA1CM94L29D037075 End : WA1DGAFEXFD033282 ✔ Not sequential Description of Noncompliance : Description of the Noncompliance : The certification label on the subject vehicles indicate incorrect values for the Gross Axle Weight Rating (“GAWR”), resulting in a failure to comply with CFR Part 567 and FMVSS 110. FMVSS 1 : 110 – Tire selection and rims FMVSS 2 : 567 – Certification Description of the Safety Risk : An incorrect GAWR can result in the vehicle being overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash. Description of the Cause : When creating the certification labels for the affected vehicles, the value for the rear Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) for vehicles equipped with 21-inch wheels was miscalculated due to a human error in the calculation process for the subject vehicles. Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : NONE Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-086 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Involved Components : Component Name 1 : Safety Certification Label Component Description : Safety Certification Label Component Part Number : 4L0 010 559 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : AUDI AG Address : NR Ingolstadt Foreign States 85045 Country : Germany Chronology : May – August 2022: During the course of an internal review of tire pressure calculations, a potential anomaly regarding the vehicle load calculation for the Q7 Gen 1 models was identified. The calculation method and the requirements for each of the Q7 Gen 1 model types, in combination with all different available wheel sizes, were retraced and assessed. As a result, an investigation regarding a single wheel size (21″) was started. September 2022 – January 2023: The topic was submitted to the Audi Product Safety Committee and a regulatory evaluation took place. Affected scope of vehicles in the field was verified. February 8, 2023: The Audi Product Safety Committee decides a noncompliance recall based on the information that the value for the rear GAWR printed on the certification label on certain vehicles manufactured with 21-inch wheels was overstated by approximately 30 kg. Audi is not aware of any warranty claims, customer complaints or other field reports due to this issue. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : At no cost to owners, dealers will install an overlay label containing the correct rear GAWR on top of the existing safety certification label. Audi will not offer a reimbursement plan under this recall. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : The remedy component is an overlay label consisting of the corrected value for the rear GAWR. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-086 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : The affected vehicles are no longer in production. Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : Dealers/owners: On or before April 14, 2023 Planned Dealer Notification Date : APR 14, 2023 – APR 14, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : APR 14, 2023 – APR 14, 2023 * NR – Not Reported
AUDI DEALER COMMUNICATION Ensure all dealership personnel are aware of this notice so they are able to address customer questions. Contact Warranty if you require additional assistance. Direct press inquiries to Audi Public Relations. Audi Customer Protection 50G5_DLR_ADV Advance Notice – Compliance Recall 50G5 / Safety Certification Label This notice is for: Dealer Principal General Manager Sales Managers Service Manager Parts Manager Service Advisor Warranty Administrator Technicians Date: February 23, 2023 Issue: The certification label on the subject vehicles indicate incorrect values for the Gross Axle Weight Rating (“GAWR”), resulting in a failure to comply with regulatory requirements. An incorrect GAWR can result in the vehicle being overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash. Precautions: In the interim, until this recall remedy has been completed, owners should not rely on the GAWR information printed on the vehicle’s Safety Certification label. The correct rear axle GAWR for the affected vehicles is: 3902 lbs / 1770 kg. Repair: REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE Check daily campaign open inventory report or OMD for affected vehicles in inventory. Audi is working to make a recall remedy available as soon as possible for the affected vehicles. Dealers and owners will be notified in writing once the recall remedy work can be performed. Affected Vehicles Country Beginning Model Year Ending Model Year Vehicle Vehicle Count USA 2009 2015 Q7 12,100 CAN 2011 2015 Q7 1,364 *Counts reflect overall population; some vehicles may have already been repaired. Check Campaigns/Actions screen in Elsa on the day of repair to verify that a VIN qualifies for repair under this action. Elsa is the only valid campaign inquiry & verification source. Notes: IMPORTANT REMINDER: VEHICLES AFFECTED BY SAFETY & COMPLIANCE RECALLS New Vehicles in Dealer Inventory: It is a violation of federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied. By law, dealers must correct, prior to delivery for sale or lease, any vehicle that fails to comply with an applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard or that contains a defect relating to motor vehicle safety. Pre-Owned Vehicles in Dealer Inventory: Dealers should not deliver any pre-owned vehicles in their inventory which are involved in a safety or compliance recall until the defect has been remedied. -END OF MESSAGE